The meeting took place in Amman, Jordan.
The objectives of the meeting were to:
review the GNN activities and regional support to NITAGs;
document the functioning of NITAGs after working in a pandemic;
share country experience on COVID-19 vaccines and health workers vaccination and developing recommendations on RSV vaccination;
exchange on the role of NITAGs in making off-label recommendations and catch-up vaccination policies; and
identify priority activities for the GNN and its global partners.
- Vaccinology course for NITAGs (Benjamin Kagina)
- WHO EUR & RKI adapted EtR framework (Wiebe Kuelper)
- SYSVAC project (Antonia Pilic)
- NITAG Maturity assessment Tool (Abby Shefer)
- Gavi’s Vaccine Investment Strategy (VIS) and Vaccine Portfolio Optimisation (VPO) work
- Need for and timing for future COVID-19 vaccination programs
- Rationale for health workers vaccination
Objective: explore some of the key challenges of NITAG functioning and ways to overcome them