UNITAG made the following recommendations based on the fact that MoH was already administering booster doses:
- MoH/ UNEPI should provide a booster dose 4-6 months after completing the primary vaccination series to the high-risk/ priority populations as identified by MoH first.
- The substantial amount of vaccine doses available in stock should be urgently utilised to complete primary series vaccination of the high risk before they expire.
- The MoH/ UNEPI should enhance efforts, including investing more resources in tracing and fully vaccinating the high-risk groups to ensure their protection.
- MoH/ UNEPI should ensure adequate and consistent availability of vaccines and close supervision at all facilities, including the private facilities, to improve access to the vaccines and subsequently improve vaccination coverage.
- MoH/ UNEPI should actively involve and support the various implementing partners in the vaccination process.
- booster dose