ATAGI recommends that all adults aged ≥ 75 years should receive an additional 2023 COVID-19 vaccine dose if 6 months have passed since their last dose.
ATAGI advises the following groups should consider an additional 2023 COVID-19 vaccine dose if 6 months have passed since their last dose, after discussion with their healthcare provider:
- All adults aged 65 to 74 years, and/or
- Adults aged 18 to 64 years with severe immunocompromise.
- Within the above groups, an additional 2023 COVID-19 vaccine is likely to be of most benefit for people who:
- Have no known history of SARS-CoV-2 infection (and therefore are unlikely to have protection from hybrid immunity),
- Have medical comorbidities that increase their risk of severe COVID-19, or disability with significant or complex health needs, or
- Reside in a residential aged care facility.
ATAGI continues to encourage all adults who were recommended to have a COVID-19 vaccine dose in February 2023, and who have not yet had one, to receive a vaccine dose as soon as possible.
- Western Pacific