14th Annual African Vaccinology Course
The 2018 Annual African Vaccinology Course (AAVC) is a 5-day residential training hosted by VACFA, University of Cape Town. The course will be held in Cape Town, South Africa. The course, now on its 14th consecutive year is very popular among African participants interested in gaining or enhancing knowledge on vaccinology. The course programme is designed to cover topical vaccinology issues that are relevant to Africa. Successful candidates will be fully funded to attend the course.
To apply for the course, download and complete the application form. The deadline for application is 27th July 2018.
The aims of the 14th AAVC in 2018 are:
- Provide participants with essential expertise to support national immunization programmes
- Broaden the understanding of the challenges and opportunities in vaccinology at regional and global levels
- Build sustainable research capacity for vaccine development and conducting high quality phase 1-lV vaccine trials in Africa
- Foster communication and networking among African vaccinologists
- Discuss the roles, challenges and opportunities for capacity building for the members of National Immunization Technical Advisory Groups (NITAGs) in Africa
- Discuss the feasibility of e-learning in vaccinology in Africa