NITAG Resource Center
What is the NITAG Resource Center?
The NITAG Resource Center provides information, tools, and briefings to NITAGs* and the global immunization community to improve evidence-based decision-making on vaccines and immunization at national level.
The NITAG Resource Center is an electronic platform targeting NITAG members and NITAG executive secretariats, as well as the global immunization community. The NITAG Resource Center contains a collection of material and services that supports NITAGs in the establishment of evidence-based recommendations for immunization policies and programs at national level. Most of the documents emanate from secondary sources; a few of them are specifically developed by SIVAC and its partners. The NITAG Resource Center is maintained by SIVAC and its partners to provide new and updated material and services on a regular basis.
The NITAG Resource Center was designed following a situation analysis and a review of NITAG’s needs undertaken in 2009. It was completed during a partner workshop called “Providing information, tools and training to support the evidence-based decision-making process in NITAGs/NCIPs” held at the Pasteur Institute in Paris in January 2010 (see attached document).
The NITAG Resource Center provides four dedicated services:
• An Observatory: to provide information on NITAG activities and recommendations;
• A Digital Library: to share all existing documentary resources and tools relevant to NITAGs;
• A Center of Expertise: to provide briefing opportunities relevant to NITAGs;
• An e-Community: to develop a network of NITAGs collaborating together.
The NITAG Resource Center is a collaborative initiative between several technical agencies and countries actively involved in improving the use of evidence-based decision-making processes for immunization policies and programs.
The partners include countries (Kenya, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Romania, etc.), as well as the following organizations:
· CDC: www.cdc.gov
· CPHA: www.cpha.ca
· Dalhousie University: www.dal.ca
· IVI: www.ivi.org
· LSHTM: www.lshtm.ac.uk
· PATH Malaria Vaccine Initiative: www.malariavaccine.org
· Sabin Vaccine Institute: www.sabin.org
· WAHO: www.wahooas.org
· WHO: www.who.int
* NITAGs = National Immunization Technical Advisory Groups